The procedure for both the G2 and Grand Prix rankings is the same. Consider the following for each pageant’s edition:
– The Grand Prix Ranking comprises participant countries in Miss Supranational, Miss Tourism Queen and Miss International;
– The winning country in each pageant earns 40 + 80 bonus points, totaling 120 points;
– The country placing 2nd earns 39 + 50 bonus points, totaling 89 points;
– The country placing 3rd earns 38 + 30 bonus points, totaling 68 points;
– The country placing 4th earns 37 points, 5th earns 36 points, 6th earns 35 points, and so on, up to an eventual 40th place, earning 1 point. The bonuses are distributed as following:
a) finalists = + 20 bonus points;
b) semi-finalists = +10 bonus points;
c) quarter-finalists = no bonus points earned.
– When exact rankings are not released or made public, a point-average will prevail to score the involved countries;
– Special awards are worth 1 point each (Miss World fast-track events are not included in this category) ;
– Points earned by each country / territory in a given pageant are multiplied 1.XXX (number of participant countries in that pageant). For example, if 89 countries participated in Miss Universe 2011, then the number of points earned by scoring nations shall be multiplied by 1.089;
– Points of G2 and Grand Prix pageants are put together only to determine the “Country of the Year”. When it is the case, points earned by countries in Miss World and Miss Universe are multiplied by 2.