Miss Grand International 2017: Charity Event and Farewell Dinner
One of the last activities during Miss Grand International's Quang Binh visit was a charity event at a school for typhoon victims and children with special needs. It was a chance for the organization to give back to the community that welcomed them with so much warmth and kindness. The organization made a donation to the school so that they can continue to empower the youth.
Gifts were given to the children and the delegates enjoyed spending time with them. It was an emotional day for Brazil (Caroline Venturini) and Belgium (Rachel Nimegeers) as they have siblings who have special needs. The reigning queen, Ariska Putri Pertiwi from Indonesia, presented the local people with envelopes with donations to help them get by and provide for their children.
When the delegates returned to their hotel, it was time for the this part of Miss Grand International to come to an end with a farewell beach party and barbecue. As the girls got out of the buses, the staff were lined up to greet them. Mr. Nawat Itsaragrisil, the President of the Miss Grand International Organization, thanked staff and management of the resort for their hospitality during the organization's time in Quang Binh. There were about 100 staff members present and the girls formed two lines to thank every single staff member personally. It was a nice touch and a lovely way to give thanks to the people who worked so hard during the girls' stay here. During the dinner, there was lots of singing and dancing and this was followed by 4 hours of rehearsals until midnight.
Some more tidbits:
* Tickets for the final show (which will be attended by 3,000 people) have been sold out.
* While it is easy for fans to criticize the delegates, we must not forget that taking part in a pageant is hard work. The girls are up at the crack of down most days and the days are very long, often going on until after midnight. We are extremely impressed by the girls' positive attitudes. Everyone has been super kind and courteous to one another. It is really nice to see.
* We spent some time talking to Miss Netherlands, Kelly Van Den Dungen. Not only is she absolutely beautiful, but she is also a really kind and friendly person. Watch out for her. She can pull a surprise.
* Miss Northern Ireland, Chloe Davies, and Miss New Zealand, Meghan Kenney, seem to be having the time of their lives. They are always singing.
* Miss Tanazania, Batuli Mohammed, told us that she hoped that people will try to learn more about her country. She said her country is an undiscovered gem with a very rich history and culture, which makes it well-worth a visit.
* Miss Thalland, Pam Premika Pamela, is half Italian. Mr. Nawat mentioned that on top of winning a big cash prize, Miss Grand Thailand also receives a new house and a car.
* Global Beauties will present the reigning Miss Grand International, Ariska Putri Pertiwi, with her Miss Grand Slam 2016 trophy during an event in the coming days.
The girls left Quang Binh today with beautiful memories and many new friends. Phu Quoc is the next stop and the contestants will spend the next 11 days here until the 5th Miss Grand International is crowned.
Photos courtesy of Miss Grand International