All about Miss Portuguesa (Portugal World) 2017, which will take place in July
After 9 months of castings and regional competitions throughout Portugal, Açores, Madeira, and countries with large Portuguese communities, such as South Africa, France and Canada, Miss Portuguesa 2017 will take off on July 11th, in Lisbon, and after a fantastic tour in the country, it will resume on July 29th, in Batalha, with the crowning of the new queen and Portuguese representative in Miss World 2017.
See what is planned for the event:
- Miss Portuguesa will start on July 11th, in the capital city, Lisbon. From there, the candidates will travel to beautiful Elvas, where official photos and videos of all 18 finalists will be produced.
- Next stop will be Covilhã, where the first Fashion Show will take place. A second Fashion Parade is schedule to happen next, in Abrantes.
- In Luso (Mealhada), the talent show will be showcased, at the Grande Hotel de Luso. This is where the sports competition will also take place, as well as another fashion show.
- In Alter do Chão (Portalegre), Miss Elegance will be elected, in a night of pure glamour. Hotel Convento de Alter will host this important event.
- The city of Batalha will be their final stop and the venue for the big final, which will take place at the Largo do Infante D. Henrique, on July 29th.
- Singer Ricardo Carriço will be the host for the final gala, while fashion designer Rafael Freitas has been preparing an amazing exclusive collection to dress the finalists for the final event.
- Susana Gorjão is responsible for creating the pageant´s new crowns and jewlery collection, all inspired by Portuguese cultural aspects.
- Cristiana Viana will crown her successor and Portugal´s representative in Miss World 2017. The finalists will go on to represent the country in other Grand Slam contests, such as Miss Supranational, Miss Grand International and Miss International.
- Portugal´s best result in Miss World history was a 3rd place in 1971, when Lucia Petterle of Brazil won the title. Ana Paula de Almeida was the country´s representative that year.
- In 2016, the best Portuguese result in the Grand Slam came from the 1st runner-up, Ana Bomfim: she was a Top 20 quarter-finalist in Miss Grand International, in Las Vegas.
- Isidro de Brito has been producing this event since 2011.
Global Beauties will bring you full coverage of Miss República Portuguesa 2017! Stay tuned.